Dishwashers are an essential appliance in any home, unless you have a special passion for hand-washing your dishes! There are plenty of great dishwashers on the market. But what is the best brand of dishwasher? What is the best home dishwasher? Which dishwashers are the top dishwashers 2022? Read on for our ultimate guide to the best dishwashers of 2022.
To see more options, check out our full selection of dishwashers.
In this article, we’ll cover:
- List of the Top 6 Overall Dishwashers
- Best Budget Dishwashers
- Best Dishwashers by Type
- What to Consider When Buying a Dishwasher
- Best Dishwasher FAQs
List of the Top 6 Overall Dishwashers:
Type: Built In
- Ultra Quiet: This 39 dBA dishwasher is virtually silent.
- Extra Storage: A spacious 3rd rack provides plenty of extra storage.
- Leak Protection: The Aquastop leak protection system will shut down operation and pump out water the moment a leak is detected.
If you're sick of noisy appliances, you'll love this dishwasher from Bosch. The sound level won't rise above 39 decibels, which means it's as quiet as a whisper. It's an easy-to-use and efficient unit with an impressive load capacity.
Type: Built In
- Adjustment Options: Shelves can easily be adjusted and rearranged, allowing you to create space for any item you need to clean.
- Intelligent Water Supply: It's easy to limit your water and energy usage with this energy efficient appliance.
- Fast Cleaning: Wash and dry your dishes in under an hour.
This full-sized dishwasher offers an array of user-friendly features, including automatic dispensing and flexible adjustment options. While the dishwasher is running, it makes intelligent adjustments to minimize water and energy usage. You can even connect it to other Miele appliances via Miele@home!
Type: Built In
- 39 dBA: Quietest KitchenAid dishwasher ever built – you won’t notice a thing when it’s running its cycle.
- ProWash Cycle: Sensors measure soil throughout the cycle and adjust based on need.
- Adjustable Middle Rack: Ultimate flexibility for taller dishes and configuring the perfect wash.
KitchenAid dishwashers are some of the quietest on the market, without sacrificing any performance. Start your wash cycle the second you finish loading – you don’t have to set a delayed start to avoid hearing it run. The convenient, separate utensil rack on its own level is the perfect way to wash serving utensils, silverware, spatulas, and more. And the adjustable middle rack makes fitting your tall dishes and platters a snap. Choose Stainless Steel or Black Stainless Steel, both with PrintShield Finish that resists smudges and fingerprints.
Type: Built In
Sensor Cycle: Sensors help you find the right wash and dry settings for every load.
- Deep Top Rack: While large items normally have to be placed on a dishwasher's bottom rack, this appliance has a deep and spacious top rack with room for big pots and pans.
- Fingerprint Resistant: The exterior of the dishwasher is resistant to smudging, making it a breeze to clean.
If you're looking for the best home dishwasher under $1,000, this affordably priced appliance from Whirlpool is a great option. It uses sensors to determine the right settings for every load. The deep racks provide plenty of space for everything you need to clean.
Type: Built In
- Programmable: Set your dishwasher to run up to 24 hours in advance.
- Ultra Quiet: This dishwasher is virtually noiseless, running at 52 dBA.
- Multiple Cleaning Cycles: Multiple cycles ensure that you can get great results with every load you run.
Not only is this Frigidaire dishwasher ADA compliant, but it's also National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Certified. Thanks to its dual spray system, you can be confident that your dishes will be spotless, every load you run. When it's time for your dishes to dry, the heated drying system will take care of your dishes in no time.
Type: Built In
Smart Settings: Connect your dishwasher to the LG ThinQ® app to download new wash cycles and troubleshoot issues.
- Quiet Motor: This dishwasher's motor is engineered with fewer moving parts, allowing it to run at just 48 dBa.
- Ultra-Fast Cleaning: The express cycle can clean dishes in only 33 minutes.
Not only is this one of the best smart dishwashers at this price point, but it’s also certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF). It uses four spray arms to clean dishes at every angle. New cleaning cycles can be downloaded at any time, allowing you to find the perfect setting for every load you wash.
Best Dishwashers by Type
Best Built In Dishwasher
Connectivity, ease of use, convenience, speed, flexibility – the Miele has everything you need in one of the most high-tech dishwashers ever built, able to be quietly operated from the convenience of your mobile phone
Best Compact Dishwasher
With a width of just 18 inches, there's space for this compact Frigidaire dishwasher in any kitchen.
Best Portable Dishwasher
While this GE dishwasher is very portable, it's not light on features! The auto sense cycle and hard food disposer make this appliance a dream to use.
Best Drawer Dishwasher
Every drawer in this dishwasher operates independently, allowing you to use different wash cycles for different dishes.
Best Dishwasher Under $1,000
This budget-friendly dishwasher offers features you'd only expect to find on more expensive appliances, like a sensor cycle and a deep top rack.
Best Dishwasher Under $500
This is the most efficient dishwasher at this price point, and you won’t sacrifice convenience or industry-loved features. In spite of its low price, it still offers three wash cycles, a filtration system, and more.
Best Smart Dishwasher
Once this dishwasher is connected to the smart app, it can be operated remotely. Make sure you always come home to a clean load of dishes.
Most Energy Efficient Dishwasher
No matter which wash cycle you use, this Energy-Star certified dishwasher from Whirlpool will minimize your energy usage with every load. It might just be the best energy efficient dishwasher 2022!
Most Water Efficient Dishwasher
This Miele dishwasher uses intelligent settings to minimize the amount of water used in each load.
With a 39 dBA motor, you'd be hard-pressed to find an appliance that makes less noise than this unit from Bosch. It's a silent appliance that consistently delivers great results.
What to Consider When Buying a Dishwasher
Ultimately, the best dishwasher for your household will vary based on your specific needs. These are some of the factors you may want to consider when selecting your next appliance.
- Location: Consider where you'll be placing your dishwasher and find an appliance that's the perfect fit for that space.
- Finish: Our dishwashers are available in many different finishes, allowing you to choose the one that matches the other appliances in your kitchen.
- Features: The experience you'll have with your dishwasher will vary greatly based on the features that it offers. Certain perks can save you time and give you cleaner dishes. Others, like child locks and leak protection, can help you to avoid accidents. These are some of the most well-loved features available on various models today:
- Adjustable rack, top rack, or third rack
- Soil sensor
- Quick wash
- Delay start
- Heated dry
- Self-cleaning filters
- Food pulverizers
- Leak protection
- Smart-home integration and remote control
- Stainless-steel internal components for longevity
- Sanitizer settings
- Child locks
- Noise: Dishwashers can be noisy, which is while you'll want to pay close attention to the dBA a dishwasher runs at.
- Efficiency: While dishwashers will always use water and energy, some models are more efficient than others. An Energy-Star certified dishwasher will help save money on utility bills.
To learn more, check out our complete guide on how to choose a dishwasher.
Best Refrigerator FAQs
What is the most awarded dishwasher brand?
What is the best brand of dishwasher? Samsung, LG, and Whirlpool have all received multiple JD Power awards for their appliances.
How do you care for a dishwasher?
Regular maintenance is the best way to keep your dishwasher running smoothly. Set aside time to clean and inspect your appliance each month.
Which brand of dishwasher is most reliable?
Bosch and Miele are excellent options if you're looking for the most reliable dishwasher 2022.
What brand makes the most energy efficient dishwashers?
Brands like Miele and Whirlpool offer high-performing dishwashers that are designed to minimize energy usage.
What brand makes the quietest dishwashers?
Bosch and Miele are both great brands if you’re looking for the quietest dishwashers. These brands have the lowest average dBA measure across all models.
What is the best month to buy a dishwasher?
You can get the best rated dishwasher 2022 has to offer for much less if you buy during a sale. Major appliance sales are usually held in May, September, and October.
Which dishwasher has the least repairs?
If you're looking for the most durable dishwasher, brands like LG, Whirlpool, and Miele have all earned the trust of consumers.
How long should a dishwasher last?
As long as your dishwasher is properly cared for, it should last for about 10 years.
To learn more, check out our complete guide on how to choose a dishwasher. Browse our full selection of dishwashers today.
The information in this article is not a promise of service. While we present the most accurate information we can, customers must check each brand and model for the manufacturers' information. Each model has its individual care and maintenance guidelines, normal expected use and lifespan with proper maintenance and care. Customers are responsible for checking information for their appliance, the user manual, manufacturer guidelines as well as using professional services.